Thursday, October 20, 2011

Removing Swelling perimenopause with natural remedies

I used to be able to eat anything. I'm not kidding. I never had indigestion, bloating or other digestive problems. And then, suddenly, I started getting swollen. First, only when I ate pasta, or drank too much coffee. Over time, I was bloated all the time. Sometimes I feel like I'm about to explode. Like someone was inflating a balloon inside my stomach.

The causes of swelling are generally associated with perimenopause hormonal imbalance, but can range from food intolerance to decreased digestive function. A decrease in function that occurs naturally with age, but we modern humans have been on a quest to see how fast it can ruin your digestive system a hundred years or so.

This may come as a surprise, but do not eat real food. Let's take grains, for example. You've probably read over and over about the need to consume more whole grains if you want to be healthy, right?

What many people do not realize is that the grains should be sprouted before cooking to maximum health. You need to enjoy in order to neutralize phytic acid is present. Phytic acid interferes with the absorption of calcium, magnesium and other minerals. In addition, cereals contain enzyme inhibitors, which neutralize the enzymes in the digestive tract. Sprouting grains before cooking also increases the amount of vitamin C, vitamin B complex and carotene.

And let's be clear about what a whole grain is or is not. Whole wheat pasta is not whole grain. Wheat muffins or breads or cakes, are not whole grains. Whole grains include brown rice, millet, quinoa couscous. No instant versions, but you really have to cook.

So we spent years and years eating too much processed foods containing pesticides, genetically modified ingredients, grown in soil that has very few nutrients and is usually full of rancid vegetable oils and / or some form of fructose, and we wonder why end digestive problems.

Measures to reduce or eliminate swelling perimenopause

If you know that there are foods that increase inflammation for you, try to reduce or eliminate. I know this is hard to do, but it is a surefire way to reduce swelling of perimenopause. It took me years to do this, although I hated bloating. I kept thinking that my body has never reacted to these foods before, so why should I change my diet now? Needless to say, it did not work very well.

Use herbs to help balance your hormones. Black cohosh, dong quai, wild yam and vitex (chaste berry) are the hormonal balance of herbs. Or you could try some of bioidentical progesterone.

Use herbs to help digestion and / or reduce stress. Stress is extremely hard on your digestive system. Digestive herbs include gentian, dandelion, ginger and mint. There are many herbs for stress. My favorites are skullcap, vervain and motherwort.

Learn about fermented foods. Learn to make and eat. Your digestive system will thank you. When digestion works well, not only have symptoms such as swelling perimenopasuse, but you will gain energy.

Candice Hughes is the founder of the Natural Ways Web menopause, a resource for women who want to go through menopause, the use of natural remedies. Candice studied herbal medicine at Pacific School of Herbal Medicine. For more information about perimenopause and bloating natural remedies, visit http://www.natural-approaches-to-menopause.com/perimenopause-bloating.html

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog , This is what I exactly Looking for , Keep sharing more blog.
    perimenopause bloating

    ReplyDelete